The 118th episode of The Crow Versus Crow Radio Show, recorded at Crow Versus Crow Haus using a Zoom H1 recorder as a microphone and stitched together using outdated software. Please listen to this on headphones.
This episode continues the sonic explorations charted in the previous episodes, featuring cuts from new tapes from wonky experimentalists Duncan Harrison, Kate Armitage and Natalia Beylis; more glorious NY/Cale-soaked 'Spirit Of Eden'-esque jams from $un $keletons Get It Up Yers Trio and the latest of their monthly-through-2017 releases; a couple of tracks from the Paul Bowles-compiled 'Music of Morocco' box-set; a smattering of tracks from the latest batch of Power Moves Library's 'Excavation Series', amongst other golden gold for ear and soul. Dig! Dig! you Heps!
If you are at all interested in the work of the artists featured in this episode, please support the artists and labels through purchasing their records and attending their shows where possible.
1. Unknown Artist – Bangor (Gaelic Psalm Singing From North Uist / Lewis Recordings, 1999)
2. Duncan Harrison – Preamble to Nihil (Excerpt) (Preamble To Nihil / Not on Label, 2017)
3. IJ – Valves (In The Vicinity Of The Extraordinary / Kirigirisu Recordings, 2017)
4. Natalia Beylis – Side A (Excerpt) (12 14 16 18 20 = 2 / Sofia Records, 2017)
5. Patty Waters – Wild Is The Wind (College Tour / ESP-Disk, 1966)
6. Chikh Ayyad ou Haddou and Ensemble – Ouakha dial Kheir (Women’s Chorus) (Music of Morocco: From the Library of Congress / Dust To Digital, 2016)
7. Vibracathedral Orchestra – Live At Total Inertia (Part II) (Live At Total Inertia / Vanity Case Records, 2017)
8. Guru Guru – UFO (UFO / Ohr, 1970)
9. Ailbhe Nic Oireachtaigh – Dust Love (Oreing / Fort Evil Fruit, 2017)
10. Roshanara Begum - Maru Bihag (AIR Tapes 2: Kirana Gharana (EXCAVATION TAPES #9) / Power Moves Library, 2017)
11. Robert Millis – Bombay, Chor Bazaar (Noise May Provoke Hornet Attacks (EXCAVATION TAPES #11) / Power Moves Library, 2017)
12. Robert Millis – Buddhist Temple Drums, Recorded In Polonnaruwa (Noise May Provoke Hornet Attacks (EXCAVATION TAPES #11) / Power Moves Library, 2017)
13. Robert Millis – Ambiance Near Polonnaruwa (Noise May Provoke Hornet Attacks (EXCAVATION TAPES #11) / Power Moves Library, 2017)
14. Robert Millis – Street Performer Imitating A Bird, Kandy (Noise May Provoke Hornet Attacks (EXCAVATION TAPES #11) / Power Moves Library, 2017)
15. Yol – Street Food (Hand Of Glory / Not on Label, 2017)
16. Penance Stare – A Lack Of All Things (House Of Bastet / Not on Label, 2017)
17. Chikh Ayyad ou Haddou and Ensemble – Aili ya Mali (Mixed Chorus) (Music of Morocco: From the Library of Congress / Dust To Digital, 2016)
18. Kate Armitage – Spiral Deco (Benefit Claimant / Fractal Meat, 2017)
19. $un $keletons Get It Up Yers Trio – Was Radiant Night (Rust Belt U.K / doubledotdash?!, 2017)
20. The Pop Group – Boys From Brazil (Y / Radar Records, 1979)