The 125th episode of The Crow Versus Crow Radio Show, recorded at Crow Versus Crow Haus using a Zoom H1 recorder as a microphone and stitched together using outdated software. Please listen to this on headphones.
Mix-less and proud, this one. From weirdo French errrm.... Krautrock from Fille Qui Mousse, to No-Wavey, skronky, gross-out, severely un-PC...or, is that faux-un-PC?... rock and roll from Teddy and the Frat Girls, via beautiful Hungarian folk-tinged violin work from Agathe Max; a sparse, ritualistic harmonica piece from Laura Steenberge; super-heavy, an incredibly beautiful, Slayer-shred raga from Annapurna Devi; and VU in C ecstatic drone jamz from Vibracathedral Orchestra; in and amongst other golden golds from across the No-Audience Underground and beyond.
If you are at all interested in the work of the artists featured in this episode, please support the artists and labels through purchasing their records and attending their shows where possible.
1. Fille Qui Mousse – Part 4 / Esplanade (Trixie Stapleton 291 Se Taire Pour Une Femme Trop Belle / Mellow Records, 1994)
2. Vibracathedral Orchestra – Section 2 (So-Called Texture / Not on Label, 2017)
3. Kyle & Wilbur – The Third Treasure (Spring Comes To Every Household / Third Kind Records, 2018)
4. Annapurna Devi – Majh Khamaj (??? / ???, ????)
5. Agathe Max – St.Leonard London 20/03/16 (A Gypsy In A Church / Greasy Trucker, 2016)
6. The Ulsers – Radio (Remember Them / Wallaby Beat, 2014)
7. Unknown Artists – New Years Prayer (Chalchiuitan. Carnival. Feb . 1974) (Modern Mayan: The Indian Music of Chiapas, Mexico / Folkways Records, 1975)
8. Rafael Espinos Casablanca – Pintos O Fariseos (Son Para Danza)(Cinco Siglos de Bandas en Mexico / Ini-Fonapas, 1980)
9. Murray Royston-Ward – Topos of Intrusive Sound (My Neighbor Who Lives In The City of Mirrors Near My House / Not On Label, 2016)
10. Leyden Jars – Assent (Almost Nothing / Not On Label, 2018)
11. Laura Steenberge – Ritual for Harmonica (Harmonica Fables / Nueni Recs., 2018)
12. Phil Maguire & James L. Malone – Untitled (Working Title / Confront, 2017)
13. Teddy & The Frat Girls – Alophen Baby (I Wanna Be A Man / Alternative Tentacles, 1984)