Big Songs for Big Lads (and Dead People)
Continuing on from the last episode, 'The Golden Age of the Crow Versus Crow Radio Show' is picking up pace in it's second episode presented by A Representative of Crow Versus Crow Industries, mixing olde and new and loud and quiet, all filtered through hopeless punk rock ideals.
This show is uploaded at 192kbps and, after a break of almost a year, is now available to download. The intention with the entire show is to promote the music that CVC is passionate about and believes in the merit of. If any artists/labels object to the availability of their track to download then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
If you are at all interested in any of the artists featured in this episode, please show your support and purchase their records and attend their live shows where possible.
This episode originally aired on 96.7 Phoenix FM (Calderdale) on Sunday 13th May 2012 between 6 and 8pm.
1. Kurt Schwitters – Dritter Teil (Ursonate, WERGO)
2. Hookworms – Form and Function (Split 7” w/ Kogumaza, Gringo Records)
3. The Velvet Underground – Foggy Notion (VU, Verve)
4. Beastie Boys – Sure Shot (Ill Communication, Grand Royal)
5. Kiezos – Rumba 70 (Angola 60s: 1956 – 1970, Buda Musique)
6. Geraldo Mestre Morgado – Mini Saia (Angola 60s: 1956-1970, Buda Musique)
7. Sonic Youth – Silver Loop (Silver Sessions (for Jason Knuth), SYR)
8. Hiva Oa – Morning (Future Nostalgia for Sale, Mini50 Records)
9. B>E>A>K – Keehar (White Edition, Audacious Art Experiment)
10. Ganger – Missile That Backfired (Fore, Domino)
11. Doctors – Gold (Back To Rural Violence, Self Released)
12. Lungfish – You Did Not Exist (Indivisible, Dischord Records)
13. Richard Knox & Frederic D. Oberland – The Wreck of Hope (alternate ambient version) (The Rustle of the Stars (bonus DL track), Gizeh Records)
14. L’Orchestre Kanaga De Mopti – N’Do, N’Do (Kanaga de Mopti, Kindred Spirits)
15. Memphis Goons – Baby, Let’s Bathe in Tang (Teenage BBQ, Shangri-La Records)
16. BnP – In The Key Of Love (Welcome To Mediocrity, Self Released)
17. La Boite Diabolique – Dez Knows (A Lovely Box Of Chocolates, Strictly No Capital Letters and Eat A Book)
18. Greg Sage – Seems So Clear (Straight Ahead, Enigma Records)
19. Mudhoney – Good Enough (Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge, Sub Pop)
20. Endless Rope – David On The Guillotine (Demo 2012, Self Released)
21. AMERICANS – We Fear Post Rock (AMERICANS, Self Released)
22. Ex Models – That’s Funny, I Don’t Feel like A Shithead (Chrome Panthers, Troubleman Unlimited)
23. My Bloody Valentine – You Made Me Realise (EPs 1998 – 1991, Sony)