This episode features an exclusive mix made for the Crow Versus Crow Radio Show by Marlo Eggplant. Marlo Eggplant, alias of Marlo De Lara, is a Leeds-based artist producing minimalist, heavily textured work rooted in improvisation, often in the blurred lines between music and unintentional sound.
Marlo is an active participant within the No-Audience Underground and is also curator of the Ladyz in Noyz project, which aims to promote the work of emerging women artists. She has records available through Corpus Callosum, Scotch Tapes and Fractal Meat Cuts, to name but a few.
The work featured here is an excerpt of a much longer mix that will be uploaded to Mixcloud as an individual stream after this episode has run it's course.
If you are at all interested in the work of the artists featured in this episode, please support the artists and labels through purchasing their records and attending their shows where possible.
This episode originally aired in a far inferior mono form on 96.7 Phoenix FM (Calderdale) on Sunday 7th May 2017 between 6 and 8pm.
1. $un $keletons - Winding Down The Gramophone (Get It Up Yers Trio (Vermin Supreme) / Cruel Nature Records, 2017)
2. Captain Beefheart – Fall In Ditch (Stand Up To Be Discontinued / Hatje Cantz, Nur/Nicht/Nur, 1993)
3. Moshimoss – FIIElI(2011) (FIIElI / Sound In Silence, 2017)
4. Taiwan Housing Project – Grand Incineration (Grand Incineration / Not on Label, 2016)
5. Pink Floyd – Bike (excerpt) (Piper At The Gates Of Dawn / EMI, 1967)
6. $un $keletons - 5000 Years Of History (Get It Up Yers Trio (Vermin Supreme) / Cruel Nature Records, 2017)
7. Captain Beefheart – Gill (Stand Up To Be Discontinued / Hatje Cantz, Nur/Nicht/Nur, 1993)
8. Olympus – Teal Ribbon (Olympus / T.A.T.F / Forever United, 2017)
9. T.A.T.F – Home (Olympus / T.A.T.F / Forever United, 2017)
10. Baldruin – Fortgeschlichten (Biotische Verwitterung / Aetheric Records, Black Horizons, Cloister Recordings, 2017)
11. Grey Frequency – Dyatlov Pass (Exhibition / Not On Label, 2017)
12. A-Sun Amissa – Colossus Survives (The Gatherer / Consouling Sounds, 2017)
13. Steve Reich – It’s Gonna Rain (excerpt) (Early Works / Elektra Nonesuch, 1987)
14. Sophie Cooper & Julian Bradley – The Mirror (The Blow Volume 3 / Front & Follow, 2017)
15. Sophie Cooper & Julian Bradley – And And And And (The Blow Volume 3 / Front & Follow, 2017)
16. Downer Canada – Ares (Ares / Power Moves Library, 2017)
17. Karl M V Waugh – Dawn (O Light; A Lightness / Not On Label, 2017)
18. Marlo Eggplant – A Mix for Crow Versus Crow (Not On Label, 2017)
I. Gurner – Ketamine Stripper (Ladyz in Noyz AUS II / Ladyz in Noyz, 2014)
II. Paints Ov Anima – Wise Words (Brassica / Control Valve, 2013)
III. Beast Nest – Worst Ever (Songs for Puppies / Full Spectrum Records, 2015)
IV. Bianca Mikahn – Inte-gritty (Nightdreams & Daymares / Visceral View, 2013)
V. Sharkiface – Blood Transfusion (Ladyz in Noyz 3.5 / Ladyz in Noyz, 2015)